Welcome to our chess tournament page! Tournaments are a great way for children to practice what they learn in chess club. And, of course, it doesn't hurt that they can win trophies!
Some facts about our chess tournaments:
- Chess tournaments are typically non-elimination. Everyone plays all the rounds.
- Our tournaments are open to players in grades Pre-K through 8.
- Participants are split up into "sections" -- divisions based on age or USCF (U.S. Chess Federation) rating.
- If you don't know what a USCF rating is, no problem! Just enter the beginner section and play with the other new kids!
- Many kids say their favorite thing about Silver Knights Chess tournaments is that we always have a National Chess Master in the skittles room that the players can challenge to a game in between their matches. Or, if you prefer, the master can analyze your games for you and provide some free coaching.
- We provide FREE USCF memberships for all participants, a $17 value!
- Most tournaments sold out in 2014-2015, so it's a good idea to register early to guarantee a spot!
If you are a new chess parent or have questions about the tournament process, feel free to contact us.
Online registration for tournaments is available until noon the Friday before the tournament. The price rises by $5 the Tuesday before the tournament at noon. To get the lowest entry fee, register early and online. On-site registration is available at most tournaments for an increased fee. Check the "Register Here" button for each tournament to see what time on-site registration is available.
$30.00 each Register HereMay Mayhem 2016
Marshall High School, 7731 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043
Saturday, May 14th, 2016. 1pm - 5pm
This is a chess tournament for grades K - 8.